Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Home Visit Scheduled!

As most of you know, we are currently going through the state to begin the adoption process and sent in our application a little while ago. I was getting pretty antsy and wondering why I hadn't heard anything from DCF regarding our application, so I decided to call and email! Well that got a response and after playing phone tag for the past couple of days, I finally spoke the woman assigned to our case and we are scheduled for a home visit on Friday.

Now I am nervous and excited, I guess because its for real now. So needless to say, I will be frantically cleaning my house and for those of you who know me, you'll know that I will probably clean in areas she wont even look! Better safe than sorry, right? I have also begun to contemplate what the change from one to two children will be like ... I also realize my mom was very right in saying I need to start transitioning Madison from her crib to her bed so that won't be one more thing for her to adjust to. List making will commence as soon as I am done blogging!

So here we go! One more step towards meeting the newest member of our family ...

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't be more excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leah, make sure you have a smoke detector on every level of the house...that works. I remember that being something that had to be. I've been through the process so if you have any questions just ask. Jo C.

    ReplyDelete