Wednesday, October 5, 2011

And So the Story Begins ...

Today is the day that our application is being sent to the MA Department of Children and Families in hopes of finding the newest member of our family. This is an exciting day, as we are eagerly anticipating adding to our family. Today is also a nerve wracking day, and we have many such days ahead, as we wait, as we wonder, as we fill out paperwork, attend a class, complete a home study, and in between it all we wait some more. Becoming a parent is always about waiting and anticipation no matter how you choose to begin and add to your family. Whether its simply the long 9+ months you wait for a baby to arrive, or the many months/years of trying to conceive, or the numerous fertility treatments, or the journey we are about to embark on, the many months of waiting for our little one to join the family through adoption. Whatever your story is on becoming a parent, the joy that awaits on the other side is like no other and the love that fills your heart is almost overwhelming. Life is such a beautiful, wonderful gift.


Some of you might wonder why we've chosen to adopt when we obviously are able to have biological children and I guess this would be our answer, because that is what our hearts are telling us to do, its what my heart has been telling me to do for as long as I can remember, and so we are following our hearts lead. I feel very privelaged to have a husband who believes in the beauty of adoption just as much as I do, I know this is something to be grateful for, and is not always the case. I have had many people tell me that they couldn't do it or that they could but their spouse would never go for it. I think that love is a lot deeper than most people realize, love only has limits if you choose to give it limitations. At the very core of every succesful family is LOVE and so we are just opening our hearts a little wider to make room for more joy, more cuddles, more chubs, and more fun! Of course we realize that this also comes with more challeges, but what child doesn't? As one of my favorite songs says, "Love's the only House big enough for all of the pain in the world," so we are opening our door ...

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! What a gift you are giving and what a gift you will receive! My family has experience with both adoption and fostering - both are wonderful and exciting and not always easy. I have no doubt you and Jeremy and little Maddy will embrace the joys and challenges that will be coming your way!!! Looking forward to following you in this incredible, life changing journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you guys! God is faithful to order every step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for you!!!! What a wonderful, exciting, and heart touching experience! I fee like you're pregnant! And I can't wait for the baby (toddler, or teen???) to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Leah! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an amazing woman, Leah! this is truly inspiring... Hope and pray for the best forbyou guys in this time of waiting... What a lucky and blessed baby this will be to enter into your little family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and inspiring post, Leah. I am so looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete